Dr. Compton's institute has several resources for reporters, including his own research:
- A recent study of Compton’s in The New England Journal of Medicine on the relationship between nonmedical prescription opioid use and heroin use.
- A second study of Compton’s from the Journal of The American Medical Association tracking the nonmedical use of prescription opioids and how that changed over 10 years, from 2003 to 2013.
- The overall funding priorities for the National Institute on Drug Abuse, and how that has changed over time.
- Data that show drug-related emergency room visits, information that comes from the Drug Abuse Warning Network.
- Data on overall national trends of drug use, information that comes from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health.
- Fact sheets on various drugs, including heroin and prescription drugs including opioids.