The Rolling Stone editor’s note retracting the story
The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism report
A Dec. 10 story in the Washington Post, one of several that cast doubt on the Rolling Stone account
Other Rolling Stone stories written by reporter Sabrina Rubin Erdely
Questions for discussion:
* How did accuracy fall victim to the lure of a great story?
* What reporting and editing standards fell short?
* What newsroom standard practices can help guard against egregious errors or fabrications?
* Should Rolling Stone fire anyone involved in the campus rape story?
* Would your newsroom have spiked the Rolling Stone story?