The National Press Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free professional development programs to journalists to increase their knowledge of complex issues. The mission of The Luv U Project, also a 501(c)(3), is to turn unacceptable tragedy into a quantifiable agenda and responsible actions that advance the understanding of, and treatments for, mental health issues.
This paid fellowship provides a unique opportunity for the right candidate with an interest in journalism, digital media and issues surrounding mental health. Candidates must be willing to take on a diverse set of projects to assist the NPF staff, including:
- Creating video, audio and graphics using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Completing research for special projects on mental health and compiling metrics and data when needed.
- Assisting in the National Press Foundation’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), with an emphasis on mental health
- Publishing content on nationalpress.org.
- Supporting logistical planning for all journalist training programs and NPF’s awards.
The priority of this fellowship is to spend project time on areas concerning the intersection of journalism and mental health awareness. Note that the work will expand outside of that scope and a variety of tasks will be administrative.
Fellows are welcome to attend all local NPF journalist training programs. The right candidate could be an upper-level undergraduate, a graduate student, a recent graduate or a young professional looking to gain more experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite/Microsoft Office
- Ability to take initiative on creative projects
- Experience in WordPress and HTML a plus
- Strong research and writing skills, knowledge of AP style a plus
The fellowship is designed to be 25 hours per week and will last 14 weeks. We hope to begin the fellowship on December 4, 2017. Compensation is $312.50 per week for a 25-hour work week. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jenny Ash-Maher at email@example.com.