The National Press Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., that provides free professional development to journalists to increase their knowledge of complex issues.
NPF seeks a fall intern to assist staff with varied projects. Intern will:
• Maintain and increase the foundation’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), including writing posts and growing reach.
• Assist the digital media manager in graphic design production using the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Support journalist training programs with logistical assistance and editing of program content.
• Complete research for marketing purposes and special projects. Compile metrics and data as needed.
• Assist with publishing content on nationalpress.org
• Assist with all general needs of the National Press Foundation office.
NPF is looking for a candidate with an interest and/or background in journalism and social media who is willing to take on diverse projects. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain quality, hands-on work experience and to be an integral part of our small staff. Applicants should be aware that this position involves a variety of administrative tasks. The intern should be self-motivated and eager to take the initiative and should think creatively about the best way to execute each task. The right candidate could be an upper-level undergraduate, a graduate student or a recent graduate.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; experience in WordPress and HTML a plus.
• Knowledge of social media best practices and digital marketing.
• Ability to take initiative on creative projects.
• Strong research and writing skills; knowledge of AP style a plus.
Journalism majors preferred. Full-time hours are preferred but part-time will be considered. This is a paid internship, and the intern will earn $14.00/hour for a 35-hour work week. The internship runs August – December and may be extended if agreed upon by both parties.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Jenny Ash-Maher, director of operations, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must include relevant social media handles, either personal, professional or both. Deadline August 2.