The National Press Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., that provides free professional development to journalists to increase their knowledge of complex issues. NPF offers a paid internship to assist staff with varied projects. Interns will:
- Maintain and increase the foundation’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), including drafting posts and growing reach.
- Assist the digital media manager in graphic design production using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Support the program manager with logistical planning for journalist training programs.
- Complete research for marketing purposes and special projects. Compile metrics and data as needed.
- Assist with publishing content on nationalpress.org.
- Assist with all general needs of the National Press Foundation office.
NPF is looking for a candidate with an interest and/or background in journalism and social media who is willing to take on diverse projects. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain quality, hands-on work experience and to be an integral part of our small staff. Applicants should be aware that this position involves a variety of administrative tasks. The intern should be self-motivated and eager to take the initiative and should think creatively about the best way to execute each task.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; experience in WordPress and HTML a plus.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and digital marketing.
- Strong research and writing skills; knowledge of AP style a plus.
Journalism majors preferred. Full-time and part-time hours will be considered. This is a paid internship at $13.25/hour. The internship will run from November 2018 through May 2019, with a flexible, mutually agreed upon end date.
To apply: email Jenny Ash-Maher, director of operations, email@example.com a resume and a cover letter that includes your social media handles, either personal or professional.