The National Press Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free professional development programs to journalists to increase their knowledge of complex issues. NPF seeks an intern to assist staff with varied projects. Interns will:
- Assist the media team in the continued maintenance of National Press Foundation’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Assist the digital media director in video, audio and graphic production using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Complete research for special projects and compile metrics and data when needed.
- Assist with publishing content on nationalpress.org
- Support the program manager with logistical planning for all journalist training programs.
- Assist with all general needs of the National Press Foundation office.
NPF is looking for candidates with an interest and/or background in journalism and digital media who are willing to take on diverse projects. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain quality, hands-on work experience and to be an integral part of our small staff. Applicants should be aware that this position involves a variety of tasks that are administrative. The intern should be self-motivated and eager to take the initiative, and should think creatively about the best way to execute each task. Interns are welcome to attend any and all local NPF journalist training programs. The right candidate could be an upper-level undergraduate, a graduate student, a recent graduate or a young professional looking to gain more experience.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Final Cut Pro 7, and Microsoft Office; experience in WordPress and HTML a plus.
- Ability to take initiative on creative projects.
- Interest in digital marketing.
- Strong research and writing skills, knowledge of AP style a plus.
- Interest in journalism preferred.
The internship will start in September. Internship may last until December 2016 or may be extended should both the intern and NPF be agreeable. Full-time hours (40 hours per week) are preferred but part-time will be considered. The stipend for full-time work is $1,900 per month.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Jenny Ash-Maher, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.