Thank you for your interest. The intern position has been filled.
The National Press Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., that provides free professional development to journalists to increase their knowledge of complex issues. NPF seeks an intern to assist staff with varied projects. Interns will:
• Maintain and increase the foundation’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), including drafting posts and growing reach.
• Assist the digital media manager in graphic design production using the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Complete research for marketing purposes and special projects. Compile metrics and data as needed.
• Assist with publishing content on nationalpress.org
• Support the program manager with logistical planning for journalist training programs, including proofreading printed materials.
• Assist with all general needs of the National Press Foundation office.
NPF is looking for a candidate with an interest and/or background in journalism and social media who is willing to take on diverse projects. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain quality, hands-on work experience and to be an integral part of our small staff. Applicants should be aware that this position involves a variety of administrative tasks. The intern should be self-motivated and eager to take the initiative, and should think creatively about the best way to execute each task. The right candidate could be an upper-level undergraduate, a graduate student or a recent graduate.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Microsoft Office; experience in WordPress and HTML a plus.
• Ability to take initiative on creative projects.
• Knowledge of social media best practices and digital marketing.
• Strong research and writing skills; knowledge of AP style a plus.
Journalism majors preferred. Full-time hours are preferred but part-time will be considered. The internship is expected to last 10 weeks, beginning in June. Compensation is $12.50 per hour.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Jenny Ash-Maher, director of operations, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through May 25.