Cartoon Gallery | Nate Beeler
2008 Winner: Nate Beeler, Washington Examiner
Nate Beeler has been the editorial cartoonist for the Washington Examiner since 2005. His cartoons also appear in The San Francisco Examiner and The Baltimore Examiner and have been featured in USA Today, the Los Angeles Times, The Arizona Republic, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Indianapolis Star, The Providence Journal, and many other publications. Beeler is syndicated internationally to more than 800 newspapers by Cagle Cartoons. In addition to editorial cartooning, he also draws full-color caricatures for the Examiner newspapers each week.
Beeler’s cartooning career began at his high school’s student newspaper in Columbus, Ohio. He went on to earn a journalism degree at American University in 2002. Beeler won the three major college cartooning awards: the Charles M. Schulz Award, the John Locher Award and first place in the SPJ Mark of Excellence Awards. In 2007, he won the Golden Spike Award, as voted upon by members of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists at its 50th anniversary convention in Washington. Beeler lives just across the Potomic River in Alexandria, VA.
NPF celebrates the best in journalism at its annual awards dinner. We invite you to attend!
- The “Feddie” Award for Reporting on Federal Rules and Local Impact
- Everett McKinley Dirksen Awards for Distinguished Reporting of Congress
- Clifford K. & James T. Berryman Award for Editorial Cartoons
- Sol Taishoff Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Benjamin C. Bradlee Editor of the Year Award
- Excellence in Online Journalism Award