Cartoon Gallery | Mike Keefe
2009 Winner: Mike Keefe, The Denver Post
Mike Keefe has been the editorial cartoonist for The Denver Post since 1975. Throughout the nineties he was a weekly contributor to USA Today and a regular on America Online. Nationally syndicated, his cartoons have appeared in Time, Newsweek, Business Week, US News and World Report, The New York Times, The Washington Post and hundreds of newspapers across the country.
Keefe served as president of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists and is a former John S. Knight Fellow at Stanford University. Among other honors, he’s won the National Headliner’s Award, Sigma Delta Chi Distinguished Service Award, The Best of the West Journalism Contest and the Fischetti Cartoon Competition. He served as a Pulitzer Prize juror in 1997 and 98.
Keefe is the author of Running Awry, McGraw Hill; Keefe-Kebab, The Denver Post Corporation; and The 10 Speed Commandments, Doubleday. He was co-creator of the nationally-syndicated comic strips Cooper and Iota.
Keefe is a former US Marine and a college math teacher. He is married with two grown children and plays guitar regularly with Falling Rock, an oldies cover band.
NPF celebrates the best in journalism at its annual awards dinner. We invite you to attend!
- The “Feddie” Award for Reporting on Federal Rules and Local Impact
- Everett McKinley Dirksen Awards for Distinguished Reporting of Congress
- Clifford K. & James T. Berryman Award for Editorial Cartoons
- Sol Taishoff Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Benjamin C. Bradlee Editor of the Year Award
- Excellence in Online Journalism Award