BloombergThe redesigned Bloomberg.com ranks among the top financial news sites in the U.S. It attracts more than 2 million unique visitors each month and features a broad selection of news, commentary, live streaming video, audio and video on-demand reports, data, and investment tools.
Some of the site’s unique properties:
* An amber-on-black format for the homepage, evocative of the look and feel of the black Bloomberg screens used by many top financial professionals.
* Blocks of long-form headlines on the homepage divided into sections for breaking news, exclusives, and special reports.
* A multimedia bar on the homepage with selected audio video on-demand reports and links to podcasts, live radio and television.
* A snapshot of key market data on the homepage, customizable by region.
* A scrolling headline ticker on each page.
* Wider and deeper Web pages, allowing more space for news, analytics and data.
The site showcases the best work produced each day by Bloomberg reporters worldwide (“Exclusive”) as well as strong enterprise or single-focus packages (“Special Report”). These have included in-depth reports on the options scandal, the aftermath of the Katrina hurricane, and the economic impact of 9/11—with accompanying photos and audio/video pieces. Major investigative reports can be easily updated with fresh interviews, videos and letters; an example is Bloomberg Markets magazine’s seminal investigation into private clinical drug testing abuses (“Big Pharma’s Shameful Secret”). In addition to story updates, the section includes an extensive photo gallery, an independent counsel review and letters relating to a congressional inquiry prompted by the magazine report.
Overall, page views on the site have more than doubled since Bloomberg.com’s June redesign.